Based on my experience, I am not expecting much of a response to this post, but I give it a try. I know there are many generous and experienced bird photographers who can, and is willing to support non-profit initiatives with their beautiful images, what otherwise never would be used anywhere else.
I know the opinion of most of the photographers, especially those, who try to make living from their images. They spend a lot of money to be able to make a decent image and they want to get something back. TRUE and acceptable. I have been a bird photographer and helped different projects with my images for nothing.
To make the World Shorebird Day more colourful, I kindly ask every bird photographers to rethink ‘donating’ this special day with images of the following subjects:
- Photos of any kind of shorebird species (list of shorebirds are in the World Shorebird Checklist)
- photos of shorebird chicks,
- photos of shorebird flocks,
- photos of shorebird habitats and anything related to shorebirds
- Minimum image size is 1,000 pixels on either side.
- File format: JPEG.
- No frame, text and watermark on the image.
- Credit will always be provided wherever the image will be used!
- Species name and location information and name of the photographer should be provided for each image.
- Image files should preferably be shared in a Dropbox folder (free to create an account).
Thanks for your help!